As a farmer …

One Sunday the new priest of a small town church saw that only one farmer from a nearby village had turned up for the mass. He was disappointed, for he had expected a good audience and had prepared a talk accordingly. Now he was reluctant to deliver such a precious talk to a mere farmer.
“I see, you are the only listener. Should I go on with me talk? What do you say?” asked the priest.
“Well, Father, as a farmer I can tell you that if I go to my cattle-shed with a lot of fodder but find only one cow there, I feed it, nevertheless!” said the farmer.
That helped the priest to make up his mind. He went on with his long lecture.
At last when he finished and looked at the farmer, he did not find the farmer too pleased.
“How do you like my discourse?” he asked
“Well, Father, as a farmer I can tell you that if I go to my cattle-shed with a lot of fodder and find only one cow, I do not compel the single cow to eat the whole lot!” replied the farmer as he went out.

Comments

Popular Posts