A very Annoying Experience with Reliance Webworld, Forum Mall, Koramangala, Bangalore



Last weekend, I and my husband went to Reliance Webworld located at Forum Mall, Koramangala, to book a video conference for official purpose. When we went there and talked to a lady regarding that, she said we had to buy a 225 Rupees package for 9 hours Video Chat. I felt something weird in this and clarified her that we needed a Video Conference room for official communication and not any video chatting thing, to which she said that during morning hours, usually all these computers are free and you won't get any disturbance from anyone, etc.etc.

Even after repeatedly telling her that we need a "Video Conference" for the "Official reasons" she kept on talking the same thing. I even pointed her to Video Conference rooms and asked her about that, to which she didn't reply anything and was head on in forcing us to get tat Rs.225 package. We thought, may be this is procedure for that and agreed.

After paying for the package, she asked us what software would we use for Video chat – skype, gtalk etc. ? I was really annoyed and told her that there is no software as we were not going for any "VIDEO CHAT"  for God's sake, and this time she realized her mistake. Her face went blank and she went back to her manager to ask about this. She came back beaming that we need to get a Video Conference room booked for that and it charges INR 3000/- for half an hour which the company would pay. I asked her, why did you let us have this stupid package then, as I already have a webcam at my home and probably better internet connection for a video chat? She was at loss of words and when we asked her to cancel the package and give the money back; she said it can't be done.

This was more than enough to piss me off. It was really amazing how shamelessly these people fool customers to get their quota filled. There was no way we could cancel that package and there was no way we could transfer it to any other Reliance Service.

This was really pathetic and even the manager had his own attitude and kept on insisting that we had some miscommunication with his employees, which we knew was not the case at all. The lady whom we talked to simply vanished from the vicinity and despite telling them that we didn't want this package, but were forced to take it - the employees and managers there had no decent or satisfactory answer to the whole problem.

I am highly disappointed with this kind of service and dealings with Reliance webworld. At least they should tell all the options to the customers in the beginning and let them decide what they would want. The way the lady misguided us was very disgraceful about the brand and there was no way we could cancel the package and get the money back.

The contact numbers given on the web to contact them are never picked by anyone, so there is no way you can call these “webworld and netconnect” people for any change of bookings or other problems etc.

I warn every one of you reading this experience of mine, to please be aware of how Reliance networks and services work. They have hell lot of ad-hoc things which might make you pay unnecessarily. There services suck big time and I have no intention to get anywhere near to anything that says "Reliance" anymore now.

The Webworld I am talking here is:

Reliance Webworld,
Ground Floor, Forum Mall, Koramangala
Bangalore, Karnataka
INDIA

Phone numbers according to internet (which no one picks ever or comes busy the other times): 
080-32939129
080-32939123

If you have any such similar bad experiences then please share with me in your comments below.

Comments

  1. Dear All,

    Similar arrogance in their office again.

    Reliance staffs abused me and male staff asked me to take his home address, started laughing and started talking in Kannada with themselves. And challenged do what we want and complaint where you want and said “I will be here tomorrow, go complaint anywhere”. I was with my five months old baby and three years old child.

    Please stop women abuse at least in your office at Reliance Webworld located at Forum Mall, Koramangala. Before I seek help from respective departments, I want you all to review the CCTV recording from 7.40pm on 4th March 2014 and explain your staff’s behaviour.
    When my husband started asking why he is calling me to his home address, he and his friend the coffee shop staff in the their outlet making Kannada comment and laughing. I left the office out of embarrassment as my husband was questioning them about their ill behaviour. Meanwhile another Kannada speaking customer was questioning the staffs in support of my husband, then suddenly the coffee shop staff also came threatening my husband and the other customer, physically. Fearing your staffs will hurt my husband, I went in to bring him back. I was so afraid of your office staffs behaviour that I will never dare to go back to that Reliance office any more. Your staffs said they have our address and challenged my husband of consequences if we take up this issue elsewhere. It’s not safe for any women to go there with those men only staffs in the night at Reliance office.

    I will fight for my dignity without going to your Reliance outlet in Forum, will ensure that the Reliance coffee shop sales person and Reliance counter staffs are properly dealt, after viewing the CCTV recording.
    However the problem for which I was there in your office is an outstanding issue, that I will seek help separately.
    Waiting for your investigation to know why was your staff giving his home address, his intentions!

    Thanks
    Mrs.Kedar Lakshmi
    No.45/2, 31st main road, 20th Cross,
    HSR Layout, sector 2, Bangalore 560102
    Husband’s Phone: 9341810197 (I am now afraid of giving my personal number to Reliance)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts