Attraction vs intimidation (An Extension to the previous post)

I was still wondering on all my possibilities to handle this situation, when he said –

“Tell me one thing, do you really like the taste of cough syrup and cough drops so much?”

Now what kind of question was that and where did it come from? - I gave a confusing look to him, since I was still not sure of my voice.

He simply rolled his eyes and said – “Look at yourself”

I followed his words immediately and saw myself. I was thoroughly drenched in the rain, that was now showering heavily on us and then suddenly I started feeling cold to the point that I began to shiver.

It was so foolish at the first place to have a walk in the rain, and so stupid of me, to not even notice getting drenched, when I was with him. Had I lost my senses or what?

My face might have portrayed my sudden comeback to the reality, because I could see his lips smirking at me; I gritted my teeth.

Let us get back to your place. We anyway have the whole evening to decide that.” He simply turned around and I noticed after sometime, he was steering me holding my elbow, as If I was a kid.

Now wait a moment, what did he mean by “whole evening”. Isn’t he leaving yet?

Again my senses of which I used to be so proud of till now, failed to acknowledge any kind of fear or anger, no matter how hard I tried to bring them up.

The only thing I could feel was excitement - priming up in my mind, even though conscious mind registered it to be highly childish and idiotic.

Guess! The subconscious won.

It took us less time to reach back to my room. My roommate had already seen us coming from a distance (was she keeping an eye on us; getting jealous!! ) because the moment we entered, she got us two steaming cups of coffee and I was truly thankful to her despite my doubts (How can I have these silly thoughts? Damn! )

He stood there for a moment, staring at the coffee cups till the time I dried my hair (Oh! Why doesn’t he look at me now?) .

The moment I was done and bent down to pick up my coffee cup, he whispered gently –

“I’ll pick you up at 6 tomorrow.Need to leave now.”

I could hardly register myself to comprehend his words when his long fingers just gently touched my hair, and he was gone.

For a moment I was blown away with shock, another moment I stayed glued to my place, just blinking my eyes, seeing his back, watching him getting into his blue BMW.

The sound of the car over pouring rain, shook me up.

I was still standing there, not realizing if it was a dream or a reality.

I could now feel a fight going on in my mind between attraction and intimidation.

Though this fight had its own share of pleasure, I knew who the winner was!

Comments

  1. Nooo..its attraction!! :O :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, introduction of roommate was at wrong time :(

    it wud hav been more intimate, if only u 2 were in the room & then he goes away :P ;)

    Lovely creation, try writing some book like "one night in nasdaq" :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well written.

    Few thoughts... need not be justified enuf.

    1. If he already had a car...howcome you both were getting wet? A poor man's guess would be..that you were walking down the street, holding hand or having ice-cream or rather a coffee?

    More inportantly, is this guy crzy or wot? one moment he says...'Whole evening' next moment he runs away from you.... i guess you made him go crzy ..by ur wet hair looks.! No other reason fist. The poor chap was INITMIDATED.

    continue Writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Neel

    For your first point - This post is an extension to my previous post.

    So please read that to get any idea about what was going on and why were we getting drenched in rain

    Second thing is....the person and the narrator are totally strangers...they came to see each other just half an hour back...

    And yes he got intimidated!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts