Ending of a dream? .. Or the beginning of a nightmare?

"Can we go for a walk please? If you don't mind.." He said, the moment I turned back to go to my room.

My heart skipped a beat for a nanosecond; I still don't know if it was the rage or the shock that made me stop. I turned back to look at him.

I couldn't have believed him saying this to me, if I myself had not turned and watched him speaking the last few words

"Please!" He said; it was so difficult to know anything from his face.

I sighed and nodded.

We started walking slowly and I noticed that it had started drizzling outside.

"Why did you have to lie to me?" I said slowly, not looking at him but could feel that expressionless stare on my face.

"What else do you expect me to do?" he said, prolonging his stare without blinking.

I considered the question and felt more frustrated for not getting any decent answer to it myself.

"Forget it.. So, what do you want now?" I blurted out, unable to keep my composure.

"What are you doing tomorrow? Can we go for a movie, if you like to?" he said casually.

I was shocked at the sudden change in the subject of this stranger, who had already fallen into bad books of mine, before even meeting me.

But somehow the tone and the velvety softness of his voice was so impressive, it made me stand still.

I looked at him for a moment and was unable to get any words to reply back, on this direct attack.

He considered the silence with the same piercing stare and I could only mumble -

"What? Are you serious?"

"Of course I am. What do you think now, do I have to remain just a liar to you for the rest of my life?", he said it so simply as if we've known each other so well, that I must somehow understand him and his weirdness; this very person I've met just half an hour back and have openly hated since then.

His personality was overshadowing all my willingness to just say "Get Lost". I preferred staying quiet for the moment.

I felt so mesmerized by his presence, yet doubtful about him asking me out.

I felt fuming at his arrogance he showed to me, before even knowing me , yet I could not stop the thrill going through my spine while just walking with him.

I hated him for his attitude towards me, but was equally surprised (to the level of being shocked) on the sudden change of his behavior.

And last but not the least, the thing that scared me the most was - Why? Why was I unable to say no to him ?

The thrill and chill confused me - Was it the ending of a dream? .. Or the beginning of a nightmare?

Comments

  1. he just asked u out... why r u making rye ka pahaad?? [:O]

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Gaurav

    Because Khaali dimaag = Stories ka ghar!! :D:D:D

    And you wont understand so just sit and read!! :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts