Life as of today...

I didn't know what title should I give to this post of mine. I just wanted to write something for "myself" for a change, and hence stumbled back to my second most favorite place on internet, i.e. this blog of mine.

I started my freelancing writing career, in November 2009, and since then I have been writing, writing and writing. My whole schedule has just got 5, in fact 4 things involved in it:

1) Morning - wake up. Go to office. Work
2) Evening - come home, finish certain writing projects
3) Have my dinner
4) Sleep

Even my weekends were getting spent in doing nothing, but submitting proposals and coping up with so much work. I was handling 7 clients at a time, all alone and it was eating up all of my time for rest or enjoyment or relaxation. Even when I was not writing, I used to feel somehow stressed all the time, thinking about the deadlines etc. I was cracking up, when I came across this wonderful article I had to re-write for my client about "Getting a Balance in your Personal and Professional Life". While rewriting this article (3 times each sentence), I actually started contemplating the thought, and started asking myself this question - Why in this world am I struggling so much? This is not what I wanted..ofcourse.

And then I determined to put limitations on certain things regarding how much work should I take and how much time should I give to myself. Most of the content available online today, gives you all this repeated information about what to do to establish a business or some career as a freelancer. Seldom only any website would tell you where to make a stop. Attaining a career of a standalone freelancer professional, may be quite lucrative, and has a tendency to just make you more and more business-headed.

Self-preservation is something everyone needs. Ask yourself - When was the last instance, when you spent some time with yourself, without thinking about anything or anyone else?

~~Life is Good...All the time~~

Comments

  1. When was the last instance, when you spent some time with yourself, without thinking about anything or anyone else?

    lol .. i seldom think about anything or anyone else :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this post because it’s more or less YOU and not something like “Oats - The Natural Wonder Food” which is your recent work as of 02-JUN-2010!

    I don’t know if you really wanted a life like this or you made your life this way. Please don’t misunderstand. I don’t mean to say it’s a miserable life that you are leading because people find happiness and satisfaction in their own ways. ;-)
    Somehow I felt like you are missing a bite which you really wanted.
    You see; when people speak their mind, others get to know what you have and what you are missing!
    Funny part is that for guys it should be re-phrased to ‘when you speak your mind after four pegs, others get to know what you have and what you are missing and even more’!!!

    Well, I was in Pune for three long years and towards the start of the third year, I was feeling so lonely and miserable! A probable reason could be because my friends were not around.
    My daily activities were just a copy of last day’s (just like your 4 things) and it was then I started blogging.
    Oh I am no way near you because I write mainly about myself and topics which I feel I have something to express about. Not the nutrition, health and stuffs…not me!
    I was not keeping good at my personal side and so I found happiness and satisfaction in my professional side by learning new stuffs, doing new stuffs.
    The pathetic fact was, I was literally used by many…Off-loading! Obviously you know it much better than me!
    The work I am doing now in Bangalore; I was doing something else in Pune!
    When I was interviewing, they were very surprised to learn that I don’t have hands-on experience in this and it’s just out of interest that I learned it and I am good with the concepts! That earned me this job!
    I started loving posting blogs and after I moved to Bangalore, I realized what I was missing in Pune! I now find enough and more time for my personal activities and I now understand what it means to socialize!
    Though I was happy with spending much time on my professional side when I was in Pune, I am now happier in Bangalore without spending time on my professional side.

    See, it’s like a bachelor explaining how wonderful life is to be single to a person who is married and has two kids. For the other person, life could be even more wonderful to have two kids and a loving mate around and the bachelor guy would never understand how it feels! Likewise I believe that socializing with people has more to do than self-preservation though both are good things.

    You probably might be wondering why the hell I wrote so much to make my statement.
    Well, this is ME! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts