Thoughts and life...

Power of thoughts: After giving much thought to this topic and its implementations in my life, I finally decided to start expressing my ideas here with a real live example from my life.

I’ll just start with the recent last one that I can remember vividly.

“January 2009 – I’d come back from New York, back to India, not in a good state of mind, thoroughly exhausted with the kind of work I’d been doing since past 5 years. It was same, it was stagnant, I hated the work culture- I was being in and I had no friends. I saw no aim in my life, the work was getting over my nerves and I desperately wanted to quit my job, go back home for a few months or so just to relax. Later on I thought I’d join some elementary school there in my hometown and become a teacher.
But obviously it was a much forbidden dream for me to make true especially in the times of recession, with my employer’s bond of Rs.4,20,000 to serve for another 6 months and that too when my parents were searching for a decent groom for me to get married to.
I spent the next two months fighting with myself, struggling somehow to adjust with the whole situation, trying to convince myself to compromise and live with it, all in vain.
In March 2009 end, I said to myself – “Enough!” and then I resigned. It gave me so much relief the moment I sent my resignation email to my manager. The feeling was tantamount to the one you'd feel while coming out of a jail. I was a free bird.

Nearly every one I knew that time boycotted my decision. 

“You’ll not get a job at this time! and the gap will really prove bad for your profile” ..
“Don’t quit, its recession time! You’ll have troubles later”…
“You have a bond with your employer for 6 months, you have to serve the company else you’d have to pay an amount of Rs. 4,20,000/-“ ….
“You will not get your onsite leaves encashed before 6 months of your service to your employer, after you are back from US …you fool!!! “
and blah blah blah!!!!

I asked my heart and just followed what it said. It felt so right that I took this decision without knowing what would be the outcomes of it. The night I resigned, I wrote a few lines in my diary…

“I am staying at my home, happy with my family. I have not served any notice period and have come to my home at the timing of my own choice. The bond fee of Rs. 4,20,000/- has been waived off. I have got my money as well as my onsite leaves encashment done with success and peace by my company. I am free, I am at peace and I am happy. Thank you very much.”

It looked like a very impossible prayer that time, the moment I wrote those words. I read them again; they looked like some highly anticipated dream. I kept on reading them, again and again and again…till the time I could actually FEEL the words and their meanings…and then I went so deep into those words that I felt the feeling of every sentence I wrote. I lived the moments and absolutely loved them, and then I slept.
What happened in next 3-4 months was something no body could believe. I went home in April, telling my manager that I can’t stand the office and work any more and I am going home on loss of pay leave till my last day in this company.
At home I received a mail from my manager stating that its fine, they can prepone my release date and make the next day as my last working day (1 wish manifested!! )
Now was the release process which was the most dreaded one. I talked to my HR manager who gratefully and surprisingly agreed to waive off my bond fee since she herself had given me an early exit from the company. (2nd wish manifested)
Next I got all my money along with my onsite leave encashment done properly to my account, without having any issues with the management. I spent a nice holiday time of around 4-5 months at my home before I decided what next to do in my life. 
Later I changed my mind and came back to Bangalore, went for my first interview without knowing what would happen and got the job the instant at almost double hike - yes! at the time of recession. This is the exact kind of job I wanted and I absolutely love it.”

I know , reading all these stuffs won’t make you feel the urgency of the situation, but I’d like to add here that many people who did the same act of quitting the company the way I did after coming back from onsite location (long term) faced the issues w.r.t the onsite leave encashment and bond fee. I also at one time received a mail from my employer's legal cell that I have to give them some 3 lakh rupees as a part of bond fee, but it all got settled in my favor. I may be lucky! I don’t know.

The only thing I had in my mind was my belief and I kept on tuning it to what I wanted all these times, as I used to live the words I wrote in my diary, every single day. You can call it a manifestation, or getting control of your life. We all make such miracles sometime or the other. Why dont we do it all the times? This is just one example of it. There are many more to site from my life since the times I remember that would go to the times when I was just 5 years old and I guess if I start writing them I’d need to write a whole book instead of just a blog article. I will try to :-) for the sake of my own fun. Till then just ponder over this fact –

“You can program your subconscious mind to do anything. It doesn’t matter whether you believe that you can do it or you can not; either way you are right!! “

Comments

  1. Writing and Publishing a book of your own. Should be in your books of prayer, add it if its not. Its a Request, give it a 'thought'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol…I wouldn’t have seen this post if I was not reading How to lead a life with no regrets! You sure do love writing don’t you? ;)

    Anyway, I wouldn’t have commented this blog post if it did not remind me of my life 6 months back!!! Yes it is very true that life takes a 180 degree turn at times and you find yourself sailing to the shore which you always wanted! Like yours; my life has been full of surprises and standing on the threshold I say this to everyone that it all depends on how you see life. You can look at yourself and your friend who is earning 3 times fat salary than you or a friend of yours who has a Ferrari or a friend of yours who lives in the US and be unsatisfied throughout your life OR you can make the best out of whatever that life offers you and remain satisfied always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol..how true...thanks for reading and giving so enlightened comments about your experiences related to my blog posts!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't thank me!!! I am just a common man leading a ‘perfect normal human’ life! :-D
    So as obvious, I had problems, still have some and I am sure I will have tons in my life.

    Have you seen movies where single moms join clubs ‘proud to be single’ and they talk about their experiences about their stupid husbands? Though they might not know each other, it feels good to them! ;-)

    During college, I used to ask my friends about the exams and if someone says he/she performed good; I used to feel pathetic because it would have been tough for me and I probably would never pass! :-(
    At the same time if one fellow says that he/she is definitely going to flunk, oh boy…I cannot express the feelings I would be having! My eyes would be all wet and I will feel like giving him/her and hug and say ‘this is friendship’!!! Lol…

    Okay, the point I was trying to make with that stupid joke was, we always feel good when we share things from our heart. Be it love, be it sorrows, be it happiness, be it experiences!
    We all live in this world and though we don’t see, it feels good to share some parts of your life which would remain common whether you are single, married, American, Indian or Gujju!

    I have a personal blog and I don’t expect people to read it after my death and pass on comments! :-D
    So yeah, I make it a habit that I read posts of people and comment them and somehow reading your posts and posting comments have become a bit interesting for me!
    Maybe it’s because of the fact that you are a good writer! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am flattered. Thanks for appreciating my posts. But, can you provide the link to your blog. Your comments are really interesting and I hope to see the same kind of writing in your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flattered??? Boy...I thought you were different but you are just like those people out there who asked me to pay tax because I made an honest compliment about you! :-/

    This guy from my office, I smile at him and he always asks me 'why I am smiling at him'? Are yaar...I am not making fun of him! I like to be pleasant and I would love to keep others pleasant.
    Mujhe lagta hai aaj ke jamane mein sab ke liye tax dena padta hai! ;-)

    The blog...well, I talk a lot about myself in my blog and common human problems. I am not a psychiatrist but as I said, half of human population in the world have been through the same situations or are going to face situations which some people might have already gone through. So, why not write about my life and how I see it?
    That’s my idea and I am not sure if you...don’t feel flattered again...okay I am ready to pay tax this time :-D...but you as a person who writes literally about any topic; would be interested in reading my blog posts or not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course, I'd like to read your blog. Please provide the link. And I said I was flattered coz my blog has all unusual ramblings from me, and used to think that it all made sense to me only. I write for information sharing purpose which may mean something useful to others, at other places. But, this blog seemslike a home to me. Especially, when I don't have a real home to call my own, at the moment. Lol.. And as far as a blog related to human problems and situations, I guess almost all blogs are related to that only - just in somewhat specific terms.

    So, having said that, please provide the link now (if you are comfortable with it)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don’t mind sharing the link at all. Vaise, it doesn’t sound fair if I only get to enjoy the freedom of reading a person’s blog posts and comment them and the other person don’t get to see any of my stupid writings! So here is the link and I am certain that you will have some surprises and questions which I feel like I can explain! :-)

    http://arunrajs.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts