...

Its been months since
the tuberose spread its fragrance nearby..

Its been months since
she slept peacefully at night..

She fascinated the dark,and dreaded the days
She called for someone, and saw no trace..

"Where to go?" she asked herself,
and to her embarrassment,
she asked this to everyone else..

Her own seemed to be ditching her,
Can there be any escape?

They got confused at this strange question,
"Can't you see the landscapes?"
"You know your home, its always there for you" - they said,
She blinked at them,
trying to get some sense of that

"Can anyone let me go back to my sleep?" - she asked,
They stared at her,
doubting some insanity hidden and masked

"A sleep is what I desire,
the long pending one,
Where the dreams I see,
feel more real than this blazing sun"

No one answered, all she got was silence,
She went to the terrace and saw the sky,
Her best friends didn't seem, to be there,
the moon and the stars to bid her good bye..

"Wish me luck, if you can see me" she said with smiles,
"For I have to travel a long distance,may be some infinite miles",

And she slept her sleep,
the best of all..
Where there were only dreams and peace,
for her to carry on...

To the infinity
To the eternity...
and to the sanity......for all :)

Comments

  1. Simply superb... but please don't do it... remember what I said... we're here to spread intelligent genes... and give back to the community... and not take it with us... :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish to sleep the same sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. listen to that song...

    jaage hain der tak humein kuch der sone do
    abhi to raat aur hai subah to hone do

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kab tak sleep karoge...jaago ramdulari jaago!!! Ankhein kholo...aur Suraj chaha ko bhi dekh lo. chanda mama aur tare...se to phele se hi dosti hai.Ab naye dost banao.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why have you left this one untitled?

    ReplyDelete
  6. "A character is never the author who created him. It is quite likely, however, that an author may be all his characters simultaneously" - Albert Camus

    I quite believe this one. Does it hold here?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Kritrim Buddhi

    Always...all the time...everything and everyone!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. superb creation kims :)
    I loved it......

    Ghalib also wrote about sleeplessness :

    Koi ummid bar nahi aati, koi surat nazar nahi aati,
    Maut ka ek din maysar hai, NEEND kuyn raat bhar nahi aati.....

    Translation:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    no hopes are getting realized, can't see any other way either,
    The last Day of life is already decided, then why I dont get sleep while I am still alive.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    {bar= realized
    surat= way or option
    mayasar= decided /certain
    }

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Jit

    You leave me speechless everytime..
    I wrote such a big poem..and it all went so beautifully in the lines u wrote...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts