The Phenomenon

The nature dazzles me with its wonders every time I look at it. No matter where I am; what am I doing?

Somehow it has now felt my addiction towards it and may be now showering its love back to me in all these mini wonderful sights it shows to me.

This was another of the most magnificent gifts it has shown me till now.

I was leaving Bangalore on April 18th, 2009. Everything was going fine. I boarded my flight at 6:25 PM. It took off at 7 PM sharp.

The perfect twilight lied outside; though nothing was visible about the sky since it was all covered with dark clouds; supposed to be full of rain and thunder.

The plane took off and glided past the clouds; above them.
The view from my window here took my breath away for a moment. The horizon with its orange-blue color canvas along with the perfectly dark clouds laid there in the vastness; and then there was this huge wonder of the wonders; just lying between the indefiniteness of the dark stretch, ending in the drowning sunlight.

I blinked and saw it once more. Was it even real? Or may be I was dreaming. I pressed my eyes towards the tiny window and saw it again.

There was this some sort of miracle of the nature welcoming me in its grounds or rather skies.
A huge cloud, alone and just above its other group members and unbelievably in a shape of heart; Yes! .... exactly the curves of heart, lying there in front of me; so splendid; all made up of rain clouds only.

It looked as if it was submerged halfway in the huge ocean of the dark clouds below it. As I prolonged my incredulous stare on it; it thundered and its heart shaped walls just glowed in the lightening; as if it just acknowledged my stare back.

My senses went numb by the sight so powerful and spectacular. I still don't have words enough to describe it, yet I am doing this futile attempt to explain it here.

And again I felt frustrated about not carrying a camera in my hand. The glow; the whole presence was so magical; I didn't know how to react and suddenly my eyes were overwhelmed with tears (or by the lightening may be!! ).

The heart acknowledged it again and glowed more incandescently this time as if returning back my overwhelming emotions.

I stared at it and it remained silent as if it too was looking at me; silently; till the time my plane was crossing ; going far away from it.
The moment it was about to go away from my vicinity, it glowed again;fiercely this time; splashing the thunder so clearly, I could see the lightening between the two halves of the heart;
And it looked like; it just broke!

(P.S. I tried a lot searching any pic like that on google; couldn't find any to justify the whole thing. I don't know how much I explained the whole phenomenon. I still go in a state of trance when i remember the beauty of it. May be I can try to paint it sometime......or may be not!! )

Comments

  1. Very well detailed using some very picturesque words. Let's have a dekko if you paint it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many times it has happened to me. I see something. I wish I had a camera to capture it. Most times I don't have it, other times I do. And every time I do take the picture, I am disappointed that its no match to the real thing....

    Its possibly the lack of skill, but I do wonder if it is at all possible to capture it to the same effect. And if it isn't, should I bother trying?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are times...even pictures cant capture the moment or the feeling of seeing a view. Being there an living the moment is best. The memories of that feeling is worth.

    Secondly, i believe your words are clearly express the delight and awe of your experiance. Picture couldn't have done that for us. You are good at words and knitting them together beautifully to form garlands.Some people admire you for this, some people fall for you on this trait of yours, I just stare amzaed at this form of you.

    May the force be strong with you.
    -Captain Spock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. consider it as a an intimate moment with a sudden outburst of emotion from your eternal mother when she could not control expressing herself... the ways she chooses are simply amazing..

    on a side note...it turns out we are evolving towards the world where the story we are going to tell afterwards becomes more important that the reality in front of you...how sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's precisely the reason I love the window seats.... preferable 8-12 seats behind the wing depending on the aircraft... [:)] and I love take offs and touch downs so much that my camera would always be with me :))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts