Spirituality is in Being Grateful


We all are spiritual beings, and I am not talking about any religion here. Being religious does not necessary count you as a spiritual being. Even people, who consider themselves to be atheists, tend to be spiritual in some way or the other at some points of their lives, depending upon the situations.

Spirituality may even mean differently for different people. For someone, spirituality is in waking up whole night and chanting mantras/prayer, for some it might be meditating on their breath or on a candle flick for 2 hours. For me, spirituality is basically the feeling of gratitude. When I feel grateful for little or big things in my life, for all the people I have in my life - I feel spiritual. I believe that love and gratitude can be the highest emotion one can feel while they are alive. Every day, I like to spend few moments thanking for all the good things I have in my life - like my wonderful clothes, my secured job, my comfortable and peaceful home.

When it comes to thanking people, it is my daily habit to first thank God for giving me this beautiful life, and then to my parents for making me what I am today.

These days, they are quite angry with me, just because I chose to follow my heart's desire, which was highly contradicting what they wanted for me. But, I believe that prayers, love and emotional healing can bring us all together with happiness and bliss soon for sure.

Belief comes from awareness and acceptance, so be in an attitude of gratitude as much as you can. I've been an active member of this wonderful website - www.gratitudelog.com, and if you believe that by thanking for things you already have, you will bring more of such things in your life to be thankful for, then this is the place for you to be.

A very simple exercise of just being thankful for 5 simple things/people in your life daily, can do a great change in your thought process and how you perceive things. Do, try it out and let me know your experience! :)

Comments

Popular Posts