My Life At Present

Here is a peep into how my life has been going on at present, which I pray to get better with every passing day, along with my fantasies and dream which may turn live into my life, soon.

On weekdays, I usually wake up at 7:00 AM (if there’s a power cut from morning 6 AM to 7 AM), otherwise I have to wake up at 6:30 AM to iron my clothes and get the water heated, otherwise there may be a power cut from 7 to 8 or 7:30 to 8:30, depending on the mood of our Bangalore’s electricity department. I also have to get water stored in bucket for bath, because the water department also does not seem to have enough water for us and keeps on cutting the supplies every now and then. I don’t know for what sake I paid around my whole one month’s salary to the Government as ‘Income Tax’.
I am certainly sick of these power cuts. They have enhanced many folds, since past one year. Either the Govt. has too many projects to serve, or has been black-marketing electricity to some other more “paisawala” firms and institutions.

If I am lucky and if the electricity cut has been done within the time frame of 6 to 7, I may have light by the time I leave. And, I may actually get to see my face in light, while getting ready to check if my dark circles have faded with the new Garnier under eye cream. Anyways, after getting ready somehow, in dark, I leave for office. My cab guy comes to pick me up at around 8:05, and I simply sit and stare outside the window to the wild traffic outside for another 15 minutes, after which I reach my office. Usually, cab-comers like me are quite punctual, and since they are very few, I enter a dark and scantily populated office. I somehow like the feeling of it.

By 8:30 I pick up my bowl of cereals, get some hot milk on it from the coffee machine and start scooping my breakfast, while I switch on my computer and wait some time for it to load all these horrendously heavy applications like RAD, Lotus Notes, and my too-much-tabbed Firefox. One can not expect flash actions running all these software on my computer, because of its upgraded RAM of some 2 point something GB. I check some mails, both official and unofficial, and reply to the appropriate ones, while happily deleting the junk and spam mails to trash. People begin to pour in and the lights start getting flickering on, showcasing the presence of human habitation around me now.

I have this knack of forgetting everything about my work, the moment I leave office. So, I have to write down what I did, somewhere in a notebook every day about my daily job and other related things. I can’t be trusted in having an online journal or calendar, as I may never bother to initiate the application, let alone follow it for my daily reminders. So, I pick up my notebook, read it a bit, make some other points for the day, groan at the kind of work I am doing, but then I thank for having at least some work to do that can pay my bills and give me money. I give a huge sigh and start my work.
By 10 AM, I am already thoroughly bored with the work I am doing, not to mention about the frustration for the things which are not working. Add on to it, the other grave problems I’ve been having in my life, which are somewhere hanging over my head, yet to be sorted out. So, I simply lock my computer, pick up my cup and go to the coffee machine to get some tea.

I used to have coffee before, but now I have shifted to drinking tea. The reason may sound somewhat funny to you, but that is the way it is. I love coffee, but the time that coffee machine takes to pour it in my cup is roughly 15 seconds, which is much less time for me to get a break from all the disorientating thoughts I had been going through. So, I decided to have tea. It takes me at least 3-4 minutes to prepare tea. I guess that is the only task I do, whole day with my undivided focus and concentration. And, the first sip always works like a miracle to me. Somehow, it tastes like a kind of nectar that can burn and melt every damn problem; I’ve ever had in my life. I come back to my seat, a bit cheerful, and start my work again. In the meanwhile, I discuss with my colleagues about the work issues, make some calls, work again, update the tracking sheets, and attend some not –so-important meetings. My lunch at 12 is also a very quick and rather uneventful happening of the day, which doesn’t last for more than 20-25 minutes, sometimes even 15 (if the food is worse than what you can call edible).
Post lunch time is the most terrible time for me to spend. I don’t work till 1:30 PM. What I do is check some hubs, read some other blogs, articles, news events, etc. At 1:30 PM, the realization hits me that I have to prepare some notes for my daily 2 PM ‘Scrum’ meeting. And, I manage to be somewhat smart enough to let the whole thing pass peacefully. I choose to remain silent now, because every time I open my mouth, whatever I say, might end up into an argument over many “processes”, which no one knows why they follow or have to follow!

After coming back from the half-an-hour-stretched-to-one-hour meeting, I come back to my seat. My colleagues go out for coffee and cigarette smoking break. I usually choose to sit at my desk. It feels really comfortable to sit here, and stare at the screen. You may laugh at this, but hello it is my life, and I have the right to do what I like to do. Staring blankly at screen works like some power nap to me. I wake up after few moments, somewhat fresh and happy about having only 2 more hours to spend at office. This is a real boost for my work and I guess I do 90% of my whole day’s job in these two hours.
My office here serves snacks at 5 PM to the employees. I used to go there, but now have lost interest in their medu vadas, onion vada and all those stuffs. Last half an hour, instead of gorging on the junk, I usually spend in bookmarking my articles, because there is no point starting something new at work, and anyone can get exhausted after doing 90% of day’s work in just two hours. I am human and I need a break.
At 5:35, I say it done. I shut down my computer, lock my things in my cupboard, pick my bag and rush down the building to get into the cab. This time of the day is usually quite busy on traffic and I simply put my earphones and get lost into the sweet world of music, to relax and feel happy about getting closer to the weekend.
I reach home at around 6:15 PM. I switch on the TV; sit on the couch and watch Tom and Jerry show on cartoon network till 6:30. At 6:30, I watch “Chhota Bheem” on Pogo. At 7:30, I again watch “MAD” at Pogo. These days our Bangalore Electricity Department has become extra generous in power cuts and have start cutting electricity 3-4 times a day, followed by 1-2 times at night. So, when electricity is gone, I either meditate on the candle light, or simply sleep, no matter what time is it. Otherwise, I check updates on my facebook account; browse a bit more, may or may not eat anything and go to sleep at 10.

This was a very brief view to my daily life on weekdays. My weekends are even more uneventful, which include watching TV and internet browsing. I stay very near to the famous Forum mall, Koramangala, but it’s been around a year, since I went there. Bangalore’s lifestyle or rather any city’s lifestyle, somehow doesn’t suit me. 
Obviously, every one dreams to have an ideal and perfect life of their own. There is no harm in dreaming. I dream a lot and I am usually quite insanely positive about the fact that my dreams would become reality soon. My life's history has even given me evidences to believe this. So, I am a firm believer, what about you? Do you have an ideal dream life of yours?

Comments

  1. Wow...I hardly get to read posts about you and your life. Maybe 3 or 4 and this one was quite a POST! Guess what I have to say? Hey congrats...you are really enjoying a normal life!!! :-)

    Before getting deep, I am glad that now you are watching Cartoon Network and Pogo before you go to sleep. So are you seeing a creature with the head of Garfield with the body of Jerry and the tail of Tom in your dreams these days? Lol! :-P

    Talking about dreams, even I dream a lot and there is no harm at all! But I am very confident that my dreams won’t come true!!! For example, if I see something bad happening to someone in real life and if there is this villain; when I go to sleep, I dream myself as SPIDER-MAN or SUPER-MAN who is the day saver and I beat this villain into pulp! So far, many of my managers at office, movie villains, real life villains, people who have disappointed me, cops who showered dirty ‘spells’ on me have all become victims of my cruel dreams! So I am sure that my dreams will always remain as dreams!
    It’s like this; when you want to do something but you can’t do it in certain situations, you try to hook up the situation in your dreams and try to do whatever you were thinking of doing in real life! You know it really helps at times! Am I sounding mad??? :-D

    Till recently I have experienced the same in life. Every day of my life except for the weekends used to be just a copy of the day before and I was really bored. I am a person with not many expectations in life and maybe that’s one reason why I can make the best out of whatever that my life offers and if you ask me...am I satisfied with it; well, I never felt like life was unfair with me! I don’t know because it depends from person to person. What I want in life will probably be not the same as what you expect from your life and for that matter; I might look like a looser to someone even though I am satisfied.

    Some people treat life as a boat where you lie down and watch the blue skies and when you feel like the boat is not moving anymore, they pop up and see a shore in front! VOILA...life gave me something!!! Few people on the other hand also treat life as a boat but they know where to head to and they steer the boat to sail in the direction of the shore where they want to step their foot! At the end of the day, how you lived your life is not what matters. The only thing that matters is, did you live your life the way you always wanted? So, make the best out of your beautiful life so that when you are old and bed sick, you should say I lived my life and I would love to live it again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..nice philosophical gyan! I used to think earlier that I am the one with weird analogies. But, now I feel somewhat normal. I am yet to check your blog. Lets see whats more in store!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts